NeuroTools is a collection of tools to support all tasks associated with a neural simulation project which are not handled by the simulation engine.
* The signals module provides core functionality that allows manipulation of and calculations with spike trains and analog signals.
* The spike2 module offers an easy way for reading data from CED's Spike2 Son files into the NeuroTools enviroment.
* The parameters module contains classes to make managing large, hierarchical parameter sets easier.
* The analysis module contains miscellaneous analysis functions.
* The stgen module contains various stochastic process generators relevant for Neuroscience (OU, poisson, inhomogenous gamma, ...).
* The utilities sub-package contains srblib, an easy-to-use interface for interacting with SRB servers.
* The io module is the gateway for all reading/writing of files, in different formats, in NeuroTools.
* The plotting module contains a collection of tools for plotting and image processing, based on Matplotlib and the Python Imaging Library.
* The datastore resents a consistent interface for persistent data storage (e.g., for caching intermediate results), irrespective of storage back-end.
LicenseGNU General Public License
PrerequirementsPOSIX, Python environment
Ease of UseIntermediate
Keywordsdata analysis, data formats, database interface, parameters, simulation, visualization,
External web sitehttp://neuralensemble.org/NeuroTools/
- Nov 13, 2008
- Last Modified:
- May 12, 2010